Seeing the rush in the hospital 24×7, anyone would say Healthcare facilities are lacking somewhere. But this lack has been overcome by the medication dispensing system. It saves time and human labor in the medical sector. But Human health is very precious; the minutest mistake made in the Healthcare sector can cost a patient’s life.
What is a medication dispensing system?
Medication dispensing systems usually refer to restored machines in hospitals to assist patients with medication. It releases the prescribed medication at the scheduled time.
How does the medication dispensing system work?
It is an example of advanced technology in the medical sector. Medical medication dispensing system are made with advanced technology filled with medication to be withdrawn at the scheduled time.
Benefits of medication dispensing system
- Reduce labor effort– the machine itself arranges and releases the medication at the scheduled time and reduces human labor needed.
- Save time– it saves the time of the patient, physician, and other hospital staff. Patients don’t need to go to the doctor or staff repeatedly. They can directly take the medication from the dispenser by entering the prescription. Hospital staff doesn’t need to involve themselves in searching and providing patients with medicines.
- Effective method– It involves modern technology. Patients need to enter the prescription; the dispenser will provide the medicines from the column where it is stored.
- Proper medication regulation– A patient’s medication is monitored and regulated easily. The dispenser stores the data of the medicine released. Stored data can be checked anytime.
- Cost-effectiveness– medical dispenser reduces human labor involved, resulting in reduced cost.
- Automation– the process takes place on its own. On entering the prescription machine automatically provides the medicines.
Drawbacks of medication dispensing system
- Staff operating on a traditional system may find it hard to operate- since it’s a new technology, old staff don’t know about it.
- Downtime- every machine has a life, after which It Breaks down.
- Glitches- where there is technology; there will be glitches
- Meet constantly refilling- this machine needs constant refilling to release the medicines.
The HealthCare sector is one of the most sensitive sectors. The technology used in this sector needs to be very effective. It is!!! As you have read the case of the medication dispensing system. The principle on which medication dispensing systems operate is complex. You have read the benefits and drawbacks of this system.